Tuesday, March 31, 2009

March 31

Hard to believe it's going to be April already. Time goes by so much faster, each year you age, the speed goes up exponentially. I remember when I was very, very young, I thought summer vacation lasted a year. In school a year, then off for a year. Now it's gone in a blink or two.

As fast as time goes by, it still drags on occasion. Today wasn't exactly a dragging day as I stayed pretty busy, but the moments when I did nothing but drag Owen off yet ANOTHER piece of furniture he'd climbed up, those seemed interminable. Over and over and over. Sometimes I think the only way I can get anything done is to put him in a padded room and lock the door for an hour, so he can't hurt himself. I have a feeling he'd find a way to climb up, holding onto the edges of the padding.

So when dh came home and took both boys to karate (Zach for class, Owen for my peace of mind), I tried to come up with a photo that represents relaxation. I tried and tried to get this to show a nice steaming cup of tea, but I couldn't get the steam. I even had the tripod set up, camera ready and focused and I'd run with a pot of boiling water to pour right into the cup and hit the shutter button. But no such luck--the steam just didn't show up . Oh well, it was nice to run with a pot of boiling water knowing I wouldn't have to worry about Owen underfoot. I don't get to do that very often. Isn't that a cute tea set? I'll give you two guesses as to where I got it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment