Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Happy Birthday Hope!

I thought about you all day yesterday, honest. Once I realized it was the 2nd and not the 1st, that is. And I kept meaning to message you and wish you a happy day, but each time I remembered it I was washing dishes or doing laundry or something that really didn't have a messaging ability. So I'm a day late and I'm sorry. I hope it was a great day and that the year to follow brings you much peace and joy.

Zach's diorama and poster for his research project were due today (March 3) so we spent some time in the evening fine tuning things. That is, getting the last minute pictures printed and glued, and getting some greenery for the diorama. FTR, his animal was the river otter. Do you have any idea how much time I spent trying to find a way to get a blue see-through item to depict water? All I could come up with was blue cellophane, which was only available online, and double the cost once you add shipping. 15 bucks for a diorama? Sheesh, I already bought a freaking pair of shoes for the damned thing! Which Sharon now owns, btw. So I found some irridescent cellophane at Joanne's and figured it would just have to work. It's a little hard to see b/c the light reflects so many colors off the cellophane, but here it is. Poor plants. Even just a few hours from being picked, they are already wilting. But Zach thought it was THE BEST and he worked a lot on it with me, so that's all that really matters.

0 comments:

Post a Comment