Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I hope you remembered to bring your camera to wherever your festivities took place. AND your camera chip. OMG, I am so %^&#@#!! mad at myself. I took my camera, shoved it into a big purse (you know, so I could look all cool and hip with the extra big bag, it was even green!) and we arrived at the local Irish pub/restaurant/etc. Hoping the crowds weren't too bad for us to get dinner. Holy crap. It was a mini festival with lots of tents, radio station, stage, Irish dancers, musicians, and NO seating for dinner, without a 3 hour wait. So we meandered a bit, Zach got a hot dog from a stand, a balloon man made him a hat, it was chaos wearing green shirts and beads, literally. I got the camera out to take a shot of the band playing and what's that familiar notice? No Card! You can curse in your head for me b/c I was not happy. Not at all.

And you know what makes it even worse? I have TWO FREAKING CARDS!!! One I haven't even opened, I was thinking I should return it b/c with the memory capacity, I don't actually need it. But holy mother lovin' carp on a stick, that little thing is going into my purse where it will HOPEFULLY help with my own lack of memory.

When we got home I jumped out, grabbed the chip from the computer and ordered Zach outside so I could at least get a photo of his super cool balloon hat with antlers and lighting bolt. But what's that, you say? IT POPPED ON THE GRASS!?! I guess you'll have to assume I just made it all up, we never left the house, we ate grilled cheese and sliced apples for dinner and nobody wore green.

Actually, I got a couple of the boys in their green clothes. Zach was having fun b/c it meant a slight delay for the bed preparation process. I was in a hurry so I put the camera on a somewhat more automatic setting, rather than manual, and I'm not very pleased with the quality. I think I could have done better on my own *hmpf*

1 comments:

Jenni Renee said...

well even on an auto setting, the kids are adorable! Sounds kind of crazy. You really should leave a card in your purse.
Keep Smiling Hun!

Post a Comment