Thursday, March 26, 2009

It was just a matter of time

We've been lucky so far, especially considering dh's history of traumatic injuries. And I've had my share, but I don't have quite the number of surgical scars or metal plates.

Today we got the call from school that Zach was in the clinic, he'd hurt his hand and he might need xrays. Of course my mind sort of paniced 'OMG what will he do about karate?' and I even forgot he was left handed, wondering how he would write. Luckily, it was his right hand and after all is said and done, it looks like it's only a sprain. And only one finger.

Of course I was in the middle of pulling out ruella from the back yard in my fourth segment of garden plans. I knew it would be hell, that stuff does NOT die, the roots go forever and no matter what I'm sure I'll be pulling ruella from that plot for the rest of time. I was sweaty, covered in black sandy soil, ground into my fingernails and toenails, sweat dripping down my face, dirt smeared b/c I'd tried to wipe it off, etc etc. Pretty pretty me. And I smelled great, too. I had to rinse off asap and luckily dh was here to pick him up but I accompanied him to the walk-in/urgent care clinic. He was pretty excited that maybe he'd broken it, and he's still not giving up on the idea since the doctor said with his age, there may be a small break in the growth plate which won't necessarily show up on the Xray. I'm sure the story will be quite embellished at school tomorrow.

At least he got a splint out of it.

2 comments:

Jenni Renee said...

lol. I love the pictures and I am glad it was nothing serious. Im rather clutzy myself. ;)

squirrelgirl said...

Definitely worth some embellishment. I broke my wrist when I was 4 and milked it for all it was worth!

Post a Comment