Friday, April 3, 2009

April Fool's Day

Bet you thought I didn't take a photo today, huh? Well, considering that I'm typing this on April 3rd, I could claim it was all a joke, in honor of the day, but in all honesty I did nothing to celebrate :( Maybe next year. I need to get some good pranks to play on Zach.

It was fairly late for photos when I finally got the camera out. I took a shot of the 'garden' that I am still working on. It started as one 8 foot segment of the fence, about 2.5 feet deep, and I put most things in pots b/c the last time I planted in the ground everything started dying. It was fenced off, but now we've taken down the fencing and I've cleared away 3 more fence segments so I'll have 32 feet by almost 3 feet. The landscaping timbers were just sort of placed there to get an idea of how it will look. I'll straighten them up, promise.












Here's also a shot of my culantro that my aunt brought up. Those are the spiny seed/flowering bits. I don't know if they turn into flowers or not, they sure are poky, though! I am going to trim them off. I don't need it to seed right now. And I don't like getting stabbed.

2 comments:

squirrelgirl said...

Mmmm... Now you'll have to find a good salsa recipe for that cilantro!

Unknown said...

Yes, only that's not a typo, it's actually culantro LOL. Those leaves are spiky on the edges, too. It tastes like a stronger cilantro.

Post a Comment