Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Wednesay, March 25

I don't know where that energy I had yesterday disappeared to, but I'd sure like some of it back. I did manage to finish one 8' section of the garden prep and I planted some seeds, so now it's time to cross my fingers and pray the magic necklace is still full of magic.

The collards came out ok, but now I have a recipe from Aunt Karen to try out, so I'm hoping that the plants spring back and give me more leaves. I can't wait to try it. Owen actually ate a good dinner (collards and all!) and after the boys ate they went outside with ice cream cones. Owen acted like he really REALLY wanted one, after rejecting them a few times before, so I went ahead and scooped one for him. He actually ate it! And I got some pics similar to what I'd wanted before. Le sigh. These boys just don't know anything about timing. And apparently this one doesn't quite realize what happens when you bit the wrong end of the cone. Elmo was pleased, however, trailing after Owen licking the leaked bits of ice cream from the grass, pavers, etc. He even needed his face and head wiped off after he came back into the house b/c he was covered in drips.

1 comments:

Sharon said...

I would LOVE an ice cream cone right about now...I'm glad Owen has learned the value of the delicious treat. :)

P.S. My soup was not as good as yours was. Must have been the fish sauce. It was good but it was also missing the spicy element. I remember yours causing my nose to run.

Post a Comment