Thursday, February 19, 2009

My wilting Valentine

On Valentine's Day, we exchanged cards, gave a few goodies to the boys (although Zach had gotten a bike in the name of V-day) and that was it. But then Owen started puking and dh ran out to the store before he left for work to pick up the now-known nasty Pedialyte and some other things in hopes of soothing his tummy and general yuckiness. And he also brought home a rose. Now at first I admit, I was miffed that 'well, I never would have a damn rose if Owen hadn't thrown up, necessitating a trip to the store!' but I hope to blame that on my pits of despair depression as I relived the nights when my siblings (9 of us) shared puke buckets and a single bathroom during our childhood tummy bugs. I was terrified of what was to come (and it turns out I was right, but that's neither here nor there).

However, I realized that Hey, he bought me a rose! I know he was hoping it would help me have something nice and sweet and romantic to think about, rather than the sick and miserable toddler screaming and wailing and puking. So anyway, Honey, when you read this, I am sorry for ever feeling irritated, even though I never told you.

So here's my homage. It's looking a little weathered, but it is still a beautiful thing. From the camera perspective, I used my 50mm 1.8 lens, varying the aperture and shutter speed for a few different shots. I don't remember what the settings were on this, but it was really slow as the room was quite dim. I love how it turned out.

1 comments:

Jenni Renee said...

aww. I hope your son and everyone involved in the yuckiness feels better. The rose came out really pretty!

Post a Comment