Tuesday, February 24, 2009

February 24

Here is my little spot of paradise in paradise. FL is hot, hot, hot in the summer and I really don't care for it. I was longing for a good old porch swing, be it on an actual porch or hung from a rusty frame under an ancient apple tree, so my brother Caleb built me this 'pergola' a few years back. I don't utilize it as much as I should, but I love looking at it and just knowing it's there. Such a far cry from all the palm trees, sand and fire ants. It's shady and peaceful and perfect for lighting candles and sipping wine at night. I have a bunch of herbs in pots which are actually not dying for a change. We planted a 'snail flower' which my other brother told me was actually a form of pea plant, and it's grown like CRAZY all over the thing. Now that's a plant I can't kill.

I messed all around in photoshop and finally stopped at this adjustment. I have tried this filter before and didn't care for it, but it looks kind of cool here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment