Monday, February 2, 2009

February 2

Happy 18 months, Owen! When I was a kid, I heard so many parents refer to their child as 6, or 5 1/2, or 8 or 3 1/2. That 1/2 was always so specified. Once I asked my mom how old I was and after she gave the the number (4?) I said "Am I 4? Or 4 and 1/2?" When she replied that I had achieved the 1/2 status I promptly burst into tears, because I hadn't had a PARTY. To me, it was like a new age marking. Grownups always made it sound so important. So Happy 1 and 1/2, Owen! Sorry you didn't get a party.

Today poor Owen had a cold and thus his nap was not an easy affair. In fact, it was more like a non-existent affair. Then add to that my PMS and finding out from a Google search that one of my online friends (whom I'd actually flown to and met when she was having a rough time w/her preemie baby) was no longer alive. She died last July. I was not prepared to find an obituary, I was hoping for an email b/c it had been a few years since we last had contact. That was rough. I did finally get a brief nap for Owen after 3pm, but I tell you, I am pretty fried.

However, I have my photo. Zach is playing with his Lego 'motion' set, a Klutz book that he was coveting and my aunt and uncle bought it for him for Christmas. He made a sort of zip-line contraption and was zipping these wheel thingamajigs down it. I had to move the camera along to capture them, not easy. The shutter was at 50 and 60 max, not enough speed for a moving object. Lighting was sucky, I had to open the aperture to 2.5. But we got a decent one.

I hope Feb. 2 is better next year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment