Wednesday, February 11, 2009

February 10

Remember when I said I wasn't a complete idiot? Well, I was wrong. Maybe the transformation just recently finished, but regardless, I proved it yesterday by once again getting in over my head and bottom line I wore myself out. Thus I'm typing this today instead of yesterday.

I didn't really feel like cleaning, or doing laundry, or anything really, and I had 2 new recipes I wanted to try for dinner. I still needed 2 ingredients so I grabbed Owen and after biking to the school and back home we got into the car and drove to two different stores. Never found either item so I got some substitutes and went back home. Still had a messy house and laundry to do. But HEY! The soup needs 'fresh linguine'. Never mind that I BOUGHT some Asian noodles to use, I'll just MAKE some pasta! Yeah! Much more fun that cleaning. Except that I made another insane decision to do the entire recipe instead of halving or quartering it (Hey! I'll have pasta left over for several other dishes!) and Owen getting tired and screaming and climbing up chairs etc etc, so it took forever. And then I had THAT mess to clean up.

Anyway, the day just went downhill b/c after I got Zach from school and did the paperwork shuffle, I had a buttload of veggies to 'chop finely' and phyllo dough to wrestle with and timing to get just.right. for the stuff to be good. But I did it, by golly. It was tasty. I just should have waited for a day when I was actually feeling good and had more time i.e. not a karate day. When I'm not feeling well I try to avoid things that I don't like in favor of more exciting/distracting activities. But more often than not that backfires b/c a new venture often takes more energy than the things you're used to, at least on a mental exhausting scale. So why do I do it? Selective memory, I suppose.

3 comments:

squirrelgirl said...

Mmmm, that soup looks fantastic.

Sharon said...

That looks very tasty. Where is that bowl from?

Kathy said...

You are far too industrious.

Post a Comment