Friday, January 30, 2009

Splish splash

Today I decided to see how well I could get some splashy motion with the camera. Zach, my trusty assistant, helped immensely. We set a small glass full of water on the bathroom counter and tried dropping different items in it to achieve a decent splash effect, while I was snapping away with the camera.

I was somewhat limited by the lighting. I had set the ISO to 800, but I still didn't get quite the settings I would have liked. I could only get a shutter speed of 800, would have loved to try about 1000, but even with 800 I had my aperture open to 2.5. I would also have preferred to stop down a little for better focus/definition of the splash, but c'est la vie--less of an opening would have required an even slower shutter so that was my compromise. It is what it is. I still like them. If you (ie. Kevin #2!!!) have a better solution, I would appreciate any input.

Here ya go.

2 comments:

Jenni Renee said...

I think these came out pretty cool. I am sure your son loved helping as well. lol.

Kathy said...

Well now you're just showing off.

Post a Comment