Monday, January 19, 2009

January 19

No school today! I am more excited than the kids are when school is out, b/c that means there is no dragging me or Zach out of bed, no mad rush to get through the morning routine, no 'have tos' where the schedule is concerned, etc. Dh is also off work today, so he and Zach are having some quality time together at the movies, with a promise of lunch at Friday's. Nothing beats a Cup of Worms! Or Dirt Dessert, as we call it.

Owen has been a bear this morning, but I finally got him down for a nap. His little sleeping face encompasses all that is Love, Peace and Joy. The peace from his peaceful expression of course. And the peace in the household from no screaming. Love...how can you not love such a sweet, angelic being? The joy - the joy is being able to take a shower, and if he sleeps long enough I can POST A BLOG without having to stop every 2 minutes to tend to his screaming needs. Then maybe get the bed made and once again organize the laundry that keeps ending up on top of it. And do some dishes, I also really should try to make a menu for the week...grocery shopping to be done later. And dammit, I'm starving. I need to think about lunch. I don't think he's going to sleep THAT long.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

See? He does sleep.... LoL

Unknown said...

It's nice when they sleep but when my little won would sleep too long during the day it would bother me a much because I knew he would make up for it that night. Beautiful Baby!

Post a Comment