Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Day 7 - My day is done

January 7th, not yet 9am and I'm FINISHED! Well, let's just see. Dinner made? Check. I still have the goulash in the fridge that I made yesterday but in the mad dash to do a science fair project it never got baked and we had leftovers instead. So it's in there ready to go. Floors clean? Well, they aren't sticky, that must count for something. I'm checking them off the list. Laundry? It isn't spilling out of the hamper, it must be ok. And I'm posting here, which thus far has been the end of my evening, so I must be done! Woohoo!!

I got an email from the teacher last night stating she didn't know anything about the projects being due so she would check into it first thing this morning. Just as we were getting to school and I was ready to beat my child within an inch of his life (JUST KIDDING! I was going to make him eat soap instead. HA! Got you again.) I saw other kids from his class bringing in their projects. So, even if the teacher wasn't aware, they must have gotten the info from somewhere. It was all a bit of a clusteryouknowwhat. I left his at home, since we were biking, I figured I could bring it in later by car if it was needed.

And since I was feeling like superwomen (you know, doing a project all in one evening can do that to you) I had grabbed our grocery list and headed on to the store straight from school. It's not that far, but I am out of shape and I'm trying to fix that by biking more. Now mind you, we live near the beach and it's almost always a little breezy. It was a bit more breezy this morning and the bike trailer catches the wind much like a parasail does, making it a bit more challenging to pull it. Holy crap, I was wheezing and puffing and pedaling so slowly past the old people who were practically galloping around the park trail. I was rather sweaty when we got to the store.

BUT - I brought my camera AND the sneaky memory chip. No hiding in the computer this time! I almost chickened out, I didn't want them calling the cops on the crazy sweaty lady who was taking photos of the cucumbers or anything like that, but I did manage to ask a nice produce lady to take a picture with Owen. So here's my pic for today.














********************
Ok, I'm taking creative liberties here and editing this post to add another photo. Living here in FL the weather can literally change on a dime and as you can see here, with a sky like that at just the right time, my plans may need to be altered. I had to drive to pick Zach up from school *sigh* Just when I'm fighting my laziness to be active, and Mother Nature slaps me down. Oh well. It actually did stop pouring just in time for me to bike, but silly me left the bike and the attached trailer outside, so Owen's seat was soaked and had a nice puddle in it. At least the whipping wind was fun for a little while!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Quit showing off }:o(

Leslie said...

I also live where the weather changes every 15 minutes. It keeps you on your toes!

Owen is soooo cute. <3

Post a Comment