Saturday, January 17, 2009

January 17, for real

I actually thought "I just don't feel like taking a picture, dammit". But I did it anyway. It has been a lazy day and my house shows it. There are toys and crap everywhere, crumbs on the floor, etc. I am just NOT going to be productive. It has been decided. No matter how I have to fight the urge, I AM NOT CLEANING today. So there.

While I was trying to figure out what to take pics of, in between snapping shots of Owen and the faux fishtank (those actually looked kinda cool, almost real), I saw this and figured it would be good for remembering. I, er Santa, gave this to Owen for Christmas. He loves putting objects in and taking them out of larger objects, so a soft 'bottle' with crinkly, squeaky, rattly plush bugs would be perfect, right? Well, I, rather Santa, was wrong.

He is deathly afraid of these critters. I made the horrendous mistake of bringing them out right after Christmas and playing with him, thinking buggie hide and seek would be fun. I hid one under his shirt so he could easily 'find' it and pull it out from its hiding place. Holy crap, the look of terror on his face as he started screaming and slapping his shirt where the little spider was hiding. I couldn't get it out fast enough for him to keep screaming as he ran away. Since then I've tried to gently acclimate him to the bugs and he will push them into the jar, but only with quick motions, hurriedly jerking his hand back as if he can't stop touching them quickly enough. Maybe he watched too much 'Arachnophobia' in a previous life.

But here he is, happily not touching the bugs.

1 comments:

Kathy said...

Guess entomology isn't in his future then?

Post a Comment