Wednesday, February 17, 2010

PEAS!

Owen has apparently learned the magic word.  I don't think I've ever referred to it as such in his presence, I've simply demanded he repeat it as best he could once he was physically able, in order to receive the positive reinforcement in the way of cookies, candies, whatever.  Psychological bribery.

Anyway, he's got it all figured out.  Today, out of the blue, he added his slightly garbled "Pwease!" to every.thing.under.the.sun.  I guess he figured out it really does work, maybe his brain worked out a puzzle overnight, I have no idea.  But it's suddenly 'Dee-dee! Peas!' (drink, please!) or "Bites! Peas!"  Or "Gapes! Peas!" or "Choo-choo Thomas! Peas!"  When he's really adamant he throws in that 'L' sound that he can't quite make, it is more like a 'Y', and I can't even type it out phonetically.  However, there is a definite correlation between his use of "PYEEEEZE!" and his receiving of requested goods.  It's just too damned cute.

Moving on...today I made a new item, Blueberry Lemon Bread.  More like a cake, or banana bread...a sweet baked item filled with fruit of choice.  I had bought some blueberries to mix up Owen's fruit addiction a little, and I kept forgetting they were in the fridge and they needed to be used up asap.  Zach was helping me shop last week and when I sent him back to produce for a lemon, he brought me 4.  So this was a perfect recipe to deal with my excesses.

And it was TASTY!  Holy cow, so good.  I fully recommend it.  I think the only thing I changed was adding the full pint of blueberries, minus the small handful Owen had already eaten.
 

I had to remove the loaf out of the pan to take a photo, and SILLY ME forgot about it.  Until Owen came into the family room saying "Take? Peas?" and I was literally afraid to turn around b/c I KNEW what he'd found.  Only I had expected he'd taken the small piece.  Oh no.  He had the big loaf portion, in his little paws, carrying it across 2 rooms to ask me for some cake.

I gave him some. And he wouldn't eat a single bite.  Ok, maybe he had one. But Kevin cleaned his plate later when he arrived home from work.

ARRRGGGGHHHHHHH.
Photobucket

2 comments:

squirrelgirl said...

Major milestone! Yay! Too funny about him taking the big piece of cake. I'm hoping to make banana bread tomorrow. Yum.

Kathy said...

Thanks for the recipe, that looks scrummy!!

Post a Comment