Saturday, February 27, 2010

February 27

I can't believe February is almost over.  Time goes by faster the older you get, and it seems to be an exponential increase in speed.

There is a gorgeous full moon out tonight, and of course I had to try and take photos of it.  I don't know why I think it will be any different, so many times, the same camera and same lenses, but it has a definite pull for me.

Tonight I grabbed a couple of quick shots as the moon was shining in a nice clear dark sky.  Then I decided I wanted to try and get some with the tripod and try to create an HDR photo.  But when I came back outside, the sky was full of clouds, obscuring the moon.  But it was sooooo gorgeous, the light coming out around the clouds.  I took so many photos, using different settings and the moon and clouds move so fast, you just wish time could stand still...
 
Of course, Owen and then Holly followed me outside.  Somehow this big nasty dog toy made its way into the house.  Did I say dog toy?  I apparently meant to say toddler toy.  There is something crazy about this thing, it makes dogs and toddlers go insane.  Holly rips through the house if she has access to this thing inside, and Owen went a little manic spinning it around.  Then he decided he didn't need the toy, he could spin HIMSELF around.  And fall down.  Stand up.  Check his footing.  And start over again.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I miss little toddler thighs, and I have never been able to get a decent moon shot! What lens do you use?

Unknown said...

It's my 85mm/1.8. I used a lot of different settings until I found one that looked decent LOL.

Post a Comment