Monday, February 1, 2010

Country roads....

This week at I ♥ Faces, the theme is 'Places we love' and I couldn't think of a better place to post photos of than my home...West Virginia.  Wherever I may be, a part of my heart will always belong in the hills.  This summer I was lucky enough to coerce my brother to let me stay with him and his family for a few weeks.  I so wanted Zach to experience the freedom and mystery of open fields, dark forests, bubbling creeks and a cousin to share them with.


(Don't forget to click the photos for larger images!)
West Virginia...where hanging clothes to dry on your wrap-around porch is perfect therapy

...where there are fields of grass that are as big as the world and you wonder what mystery is just beyond that next rise

 
...where little green cloaked elves get to go on adventures with Uncle Caleb (don't mind the rattlesnake! It will just give your mom a small heart attack.)

 ...where the trail leads to a cool running creek, perfect for splashing in

 ...where you get the mud showered off outside

 ...and where, at the end of the day, you can watch the sun set behind the mountains while you listen to someone not far away strumming a guitar as night settles in and the air is cool and life is good.


Don't forget to visit I ♥ Faces and check out all the other places that people love!   

Photobucket

10 comments:

staci said...

Looks beautiful !!! :0

candacesoon said...

Wow...WV is my home state and you really captured the feeling of it. Great job!

Kathy said...

Well now I just want to go to WV and I can't!!

Jessie said...

Beautiful! I just love the clothes hanging on the porch shot - again, beautiful!

Linds said...

love all of them! beautiful pictures!

Serendipity Photography by Jenny Porter said...

absolutely wonderful...all of it!

Frogmum said...

This looks like an awesome place ~ my kind of place :D!!

Lena said...

Beautiful! I love the little 'green elf' shot.

Kerry said...

Great photos - lovely vintage processing on them!

Melanie said...

Those are just beautiful! My favorite is the hose spray shot, because I know if I had gotten a shot like that, I would have been squealing with joy!

Post a Comment