Saturday, February 27, 2010

February 25

Today is Thursday, right?  I can't keep them straight.  Anyway, not much of note today except that when I had the Roomba running it went under my computer desk and got caught up on the cords.  No biggie, I set it free and then blocked the access.  But later I realized Oh CRAP my laptop looks funky, the screen isn't as bright and sure enough the 'plugged in' light was no longer lit.  But it WAS plugged in.  I unplugged the cord from the computer, unplugged it from the power strip, no change.  I was freaking out.  What would I do without a functional cord?  I can't do photos w/a dark screen but even more so, the battery is only going to last a little while.  AND what would a new cord cost?  I guess memories from childhood are sitting in the back of my mind, scaring the sh*t out of me when something goes wrong that costs money.  'We have no money, how will we fix it?  Dad will have to rig something out to tide us over, and tiding us over always ended up lasting beyond realistic expectations...' So I feel a few extra heartbeats and then hear Kevin's voice in my mind "It's only money." 

It's only money.  I know that sounds overly simplistic and probably naive to those who are really struggling financially right now.  But the bottom line is "It's not us.  It's not our boys.  We are healthy, we have the two best boys in the world and we have each other and that's all that really matters".

And when I unplugged the charging unit from the power strip and let it sit for a while, it worked just fine.  I guess it needed a reset after being assaulted by the Roomba.

Later, Zach came home from school and started in on his homework.  I swear, I hate homework as much now, if not more, than I did when I was in school.  Homework SUCKS.
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment