Wednesday, February 3, 2010

February 3

Today I had a brief meeting at Zachary's school to talk with the counselor, assistant principal, teacher, psychologist and the teacher who works with the 'gifted' children.  Seems my little smarty pants scored a 138 on the KBIT 2 (brief intelligence test) and they want to do the full IQ screening on him and hopefully he'll end up in the school's gifted program.  I always knew he was smarter than me!

But I pulled one over on him today.  I gave him spaghetti and meatballs for dinner.  He didn't care for the meatballs much but he did eat them.  Once he was finished I let him in on a little secret...they weren't meatballs at all!  Mwahahaha...they were eggplant balls.  "My god, Mother, why would you DO that to me?" dramatically falling down and clutching his throat.  Because I love you, my son.

I thought they were pretty darn good.  They didn't really taste like eggplant, and I would have even preferred a stronger eggplant flavor, but for a substitute 'meat' they were fine and Kev ate them without complaint.  He did request some ground beef thrown in JUST BECAUSE he thinks he has to have meat.  Men. I told him he'd live, going without meat just one day a week wouldn't hurt him and started to go on about the benefits but he plugged his ears "lalalalala...can't hear you!"  It's a good thing he loves me :)
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment