Wednesday, February 24, 2010

February 24

Oh my goodness, does this post mean I'm CAUGHT UP?

This afternoon I went out just before it started getting too dim (nasty gray overcast day) to grab something that I might be able to get a cool bokeh with.  I needed some background light to turn into those cool round blurry bits of light and here's my desperation photo.  The bottom swinging portion of a wind chime, currently hanging in the magnolia tree, waiting for the Elmo tree to become big and strong enough to support it.  It was a little hard to capture, with the wind whipping it all over the place. 

That poor Elmo tree...it's had a rough existence.  Recently a branch fell on it and split the top portion of its main stem/trunk.  I don't know if it will make it out of that injury, but for the sake of fate and Elmo, I certainly hope so.  Elmo was the sweetest dog in the whole damned world and he deserves a permanent memorial.  If we have to replace the tree, we will, but I'd REALLY like this poor little orange tree to survive.

So here's to Elmo.
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment