Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

Today I actually felt human again, and had a bit of that "wow, I don't feel so sick anymore!" hyper energy so I hightailed it out of the house and was on the road at 8:30am headed to Target to get groceries and such for the Valentine's Day dinner I had planned.  Grammy and Grandaddy had the boys which made it easier for me to get stuff done and I wanted to do my damnedest to get things ready for the dinner instead of postponing it due to yesterday's crappiness.

And it went well, we all had a good time and I think everything tasted good :)  But the highlight of it all was that I picked up a small torch for making creme brulee...Grammy's favorite dessert.  It was my first time attempting it and I was surprised by all the different recipes floating around out there.  I picked one and stuck to it, it had 10 egg yolks and double the sugar of the other ones, so I may mix and match next time, because they puffed up a bit in the oven and the tops browned a good bit, which I wasn't expecting (how's that for a run-on sentence?).  Then they deflated after I removed them from the oven, so they weren't quite as pretty as the restaurant version, but after we torched a nice sugary crunchy topping, they were awesome. 

I let Zach hold the torch for this picture.  He was in pyromania heaven.
 
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment