Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year's Eve

You know how this year we started off having illness/something negative happen with each 'special' day like birthdays, Mother's Day, etc? Well, we were on a roll with a great Thanksgiving and Christmas, although Misha's death did overshadow our Christmas joy a little. But we had no PEOPLE issues.

Luckily we had no plans to go crazy on New Year's. Kevin was working until 10pm so we didn't bother looking for a sitter to go out partying. Besides, who has the energy for that? Good thing, too, b/c sweet little Tessa chomped down on my hand. Ferocious little feline! I guess she's really scared of the vacuum cleaner. Do not...I repeat do NOT...try to carry her into a room with a running vacuum. For the safety of your own life and limbs, don't even think about it. That little creature has quite the mouth and I felt the power of her little jaw sinking those teeth into my hand deeper than I've ever felt any animal injure me. Talk about shocked...and she was gone in a flash, too.

One puncture wound was really bleeding a lot, I'm guessing she hit a vein. And it was leaking under my skin as well, I could see the skin turning blue and puffing up even as the blood flow was slowing. That sh*t burns! Aside from the basic pain of the bite, it was just ridiculously painful. I still can't believe that little 1 lb ball of fur was able to do that.

And of course the pics look like I'm just a big wuss. I can't get the colors/bruising to show up very well. It started swelling up pretty noticeably by late night, and I was getting a little worried from everyone's horror stories about infected cat bites.





0 comments:

Post a Comment