Friday, January 29, 2010

January 27

In case you haven't noticed a recurring theme, much of my day is spent trying to accomplish small tasks while still working on the larger task of avoiding Owen catastrophes.  Whether it's personal injury or house demolition, he keeps me on my toes.  One way of making this semi-possible is by keeping ALL the doors closed, and having child-proof knob covers.  They work pretty well and he's gotten to the point that if he sees a door open, he hurries to shut it.  Well, he HAD gotten to that point.  He's learned there are fun and exciting things behind those doors and now he runs in as fast as he can if he finds one open.

I unfortunately left my door open today.  Right after picking Zach up from school, I deposited my shoes in the bedroom and apparently didn't latch the door afterward.  Bad, bad mommy.  Owen sensed his opportunity probably before I'd even left the room.  I realized things were quiet and looked around.  Heart stopped beating for a second as I realized my bedroom door was ajar.  Saw Owen sitting on my bed.  Saw a bottle of shampoo and a bottle of conditioner with him on the bed.  Saw a cat sitting next to him.  Mind immediately ran through a couple of scenarios and quickly ruled them out...no huge pile of goo all over the comforter, cat sitting calmly, lids are shut...I must have gotten there just in time!

But no.  It was way too late.  The side away from the door that I couldn't see, all over the cat there was shampoo and conditioner.  Soaking into her fur.  And she just SAT THERE!  I was sort of shocked for a moment not knowing what to do so of course the logical thing was to pivot to my dresser, grab the camera and take a photo.  It's an awful one, I didn't have time for flash or settings or anything, but it's the only one I have for today.

I did use several towels trying to wipe off what I could.  I braved a second mauling by holding her under the sink faucet for about 1/1758th of a second but she manage to break loose and run off.  I admit, I was a little terrified of getting bit again, even though I don't think Harmony would ever chomp me with the ferocity that Tessa displayed.  But at least she smells good now.
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment