Monday, March 8, 2010

So that's supposed to be spinach, huh?

Today we spent a lot of time outside, it was gorgeously sunny and just warm enough that you weren't chilled as long as you stayed moving.  We biked to Lowe's yesterday evening (gasp chug cough wheeze) and picked up a few more plants for our little garden, and today I sent Kevin back to get more dirt to fill in a bit more of the raised bed.

And this SPINACH!  I planted it just before we got all the freeze warnings and crazy cold temps.  It has just flourished.  I finally googled yesterday to see if I could find out what kind it is b/c it looks nothing like the spinach I find in the grocery store.  It appears to be 'Giant Winter Spinach' which SURPRISE is very hardy and handles the frost.  It's definitely got the giant part down pat.
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment