Monday, March 29, 2010

I Heart Black and White Drama

I once again face the dilemma of 'what photo would be good for I ♥ Faces' challenge this week?'  The theme is dramatic black and white and since I typically box myself in to the 'face in the middle of the viewfinder!' mindset, I know I don't have many that would exude drama, no matter the color scale.  I am working on that, though, I swear.

I found one of my niece and sister-in-law which I really like, and it looked very nice in b/w as well.  Some bit of moody mystery in that one...but then I converted this one and decided it was THE ONE.  I just love it.  I love how his little romper stripes mimic the pattern of the stairs.  I love his fearless attitude...the open stairs don't scare him!  I love how the light at the top merges with the white of the stairs, making them seem to go on forever, up to Heaven perhaps, contrasting with the darkness below.  I hope you all like it, too :)



Don't forget to head on over to I ♥ Faces to see some amazing dramatic black and white photos!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Heather said...

Great picture!

Jodi said...

Excellent pic...

LR said...

Aww ! wow!

Anonymous said...

A great shot - I love the stairs trailing off in the image - speaks to a journey to be undertaken, whether that be big or small (or dependent on your size!).

Misty Wallace said...

Wonderful image!! Very cute!

Rhiann said...

This is a wonderful photo. Sort of metaphoric for life. :-)

And there's nothing cuter than little bums in stripes!

Post a Comment