Thursday, March 18, 2010

March 18

I'm still feeling really frustrated with most of my photos, no matter how much I adjust the settings, or listen to the light meter telling me it has enough light, most of them are grainy.  And omg, the amount of digital noise on the one I had at 1600 ISO.  So today, I went into the garage and set up two lights and the backdrop, grabbed the boys and a couple of lollipops and started shooting.

Overall, I'd say the results were better than I'm used to getting but I STILL had a lot of grain in several of them.  I don't know if it's an issue of shaking (even with shutter speed of  400?) or what.  But as far as 'indoors' goes, this is where I'll get the most light.  It faces north just like the living room (largest windows) which isn't super bright, but the fluorescent standing lights did help a bit.  Gah.
Photobucket

1 comments:

Melanie said...

I don't know whether it's a blessing or a curse, but I can't ever really see graininess (unless it's just horrible and even then I probably won't care), but I think these look great! I do notice that my wedding pics aren't always as sharp as I'd like, and I blame that a lot on ISO. In churches I usually have to shoot at 800 or 1600. Outside, I go down to 400, but probably should go lower.

Post a Comment