Saturday, May 2, 2009

April 30

Holy cow, April's done already? That's hard to believe.

Today I did something that I've been sort of waiting to do, sort of procrastinating, but I guess the time was finally right b/c now it's done :) I had a feverfew plant that had been kind of straggling along but it was one of the ones that really took off after my aunt sent me that 'in tune with Mother Nature' pendant. A month or so ago I was looking up the uses of it and how to best utilize the plant. It seemed as if the flowers were really something you'd want to have, along with the leaves, but this poor thing had never flowered. Then suddenly, about 2 weeks ago, I saw a big stalk with flower buds! OMG! I waited and waited and when I had several little daisy looking flowers, I sent dh out for a big bottle of vodka to celebrate. Ok, not really. But I did need to vodka to make a tincture.

This morning I went out and trimmed the heck out of that plant. There was a LOT of growth, and I am hoping that by cutting it back the rest of the plant will take off again. There are more flower buds out there :D I also chopped some spearmint and got some lemon peel, for flavor, so I'm anxious to see how it all ends up in a few weeks. Until then, my sweet little herbs and flowers will soak in the vodka, rendering out all their goodness, and I'm crossing my fingers that it will provide some relief for migraines as I have a good friend who suffers with them quite a lot. Estela, this is for you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment