Tuesday, May 19, 2009

May 16

The main reason for going to Uncle D's house was for him and Aunt Karen to cook us a gourmet meal to celebrate our 10th anniversary. And gourmet it was. I ate more than I thought I would...an aged rib roast slathered in a garlic and horseradish coating slow roasted for hours in the oven to come out tender and bloody and rare, then each slice heated on the grill for just a bit more...omg. Best meat I've ever had. Add a side of creamed spinach, some candied carrots and a funky potato 'pancake' that tasted way better than I anticipated and now I have to look up the recipe...amazing meal.

We took along a bottle of wine that my cool Belgian friend brought to me just before Kevin and I actually started dating. I've had this bottle for 11 years and we finally popped the cork. It was surprisingly good, especially when you consider the fact that I let the cork dry out. Yikes. However, it would only be like Dave to bring me an exceptional wine. That's just how he rolls. Thanks, Dave!

0 comments:

Post a Comment