Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Happy Seis de Mayo!

Wow, did I really miss Cinco de Mayo? For real? Surely there's a photo on my other camera from May 5. There's not? Are you sure? Wow. Don't know how that happened.

I guess I'll have to put up a couple extra today.

The good news is, Elmo saw a third vet today and we have yet a third potential diagnosis. And different treatment. We are actually more hopeful today so keep your fingers crossed. I don't want him to hurt.

Also today I decided to try and make tamales. Estela was laughing at me, crazy Mexicana. AT LEAST I TRIED, chiquita!

What can I say, they tasted good. Even if you had to scoop them out with a spoon. Stupid little tamales, the dough did not set up very well. I may have made them a bit too big and thick, but I did get some to come out of their wrappings without falling apart. After I BAKED them. Sigh.

Here's the start...I had planned on taking a series of photos throughout the process for posterity, but as time progressed and daily life kept happening even though I was clearly too busy for it, I sort of gave up on the slide show. Not a single recipe called for Corona! I had to add it in, I knew it would make the process a little less painful.












One of the whole ones. That dough looks a bit thick to me. But it was holdable, you didn't need a fork or a spoon! Woohooo!












And Owen, my little tin man.

0 comments:

Post a Comment