Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Baa, Baa Black Sheep

Have you any wool?  No?  How about a lamb, got any tasty little bitty sheep morsels for me?

I kind of hate that I like lamb, it took me forever to get over the heebie jeebies of eating a cute little baby animal, but I persevered and by golly, it's yummy.  I will NOT eat snake or eel or geoduck (puke) but I have managed to envision a happy, frolicking fluffy lamb jumping and scampering and suddenly POOF it's in little lamb heaven and who am I to let his body go to waste?  Ok, I'm not totally that naive, but I do hope they had a good life, short though it may have been.  Fine, fine, no more lamb talk...

I saw this recipe on the Rachael Ray show the other day and thought it looked delish.  I'm a sucker for soups, especially those with a broth base.  We have a ton of ground beef, but it is very lean and not full of flavor, so I thought "MmmHMMMM...I bet some LAMB would be perfect in there!".  I don't have a black sheep to barter with so I ran to Publix and got some and made the meatballs with double the meat (and almost double everything else, really)  I should have doubled the feta as well, but I was still reeling from my wussy workout and not thinking clearly.  FWIW, a low fat feta works better, the cheese gets all gooey and melty and by the time you bake and then reheat them in the soup, the meatballs won't have much cheese left inside if you go full fat version.  Save that for when it won't ooze out and get wasted.  That would be a travesty.  I also skipped the pasta and used the smallest amount of breadcrumbs I thought I could get away with, trying to limit gluten but not going completely GF.

So now I have a double batch of meatballs, half went into the soup and the other half will be frozen until I decide what to do with them.  Which will probably be more of the same soup.  The lamb was very subtly evident, it totally helped with the needed fat/moisture of the meatballs and added a little depth of flavor.


 Yummo!

And so later today, I was feeling feisty and had been reading about syncing my flash and playing with rear vs. front curtain.  I wanted to get a photo showing a blur of motion and freezing the subject at the peak of movement ie. using rear curtain flash.  It didn't go so well.  BUT...this photo totally freaked us out.  As soon as I take a photo of Zach in which he has willingly been forced to partcipate, he demands to see the image on the camera screen.  It's small, so I immediately zoom in, and had to scroll over to see his form.  But as I scrolled ALL the way over, the ghostly figure in the corner was suddenly in the camera screen and we both jumped and shrieked.  Way cool mom and son freak out bonding moment ♥

I still need to figure out how to make this work better, but for now I keep looking at this and giggling.


Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment