Saturday, May 8, 2010

May 5

It's teacher appreciation week :)  Each day the kids bring in some small item for the teacher, and tomorrow's thing is a 'hand made thank-you card'.  So Zach and I dug out some of my cardstock and crafty stuff.  He wrote the cutest note inside, telling her 'thanks for not giving up on me'.  I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, because he had such a tough time at the beginning of the year coming home miserable and wanting to quit going to that school, that class, anything to have a different teacher.  So I felt like HE didn't give up on HER.  But it has all ended well, she truly did push him to be a better student and didn't let him have it easy just because the thinking part wasn't a challenge for him.  And he realizes that, which is the best part of it all.  He thinks she is probably the best teacher he's had so far.
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment