Monday, April 6, 2009

Spring Break!

Oh Emm Gee. I don't know how I'm going to get through summer break. I can't explain it, but things are just so much more chaotic when Zach is home with Owen and me. Zach is actually pretty well behaved, and helpful, but it's just another energy, maybe Owen feeds off of it, I don't know, but it's insane. Trying to attend to Zach's needs while making sure Owen doesn't do a dive off the back of the couch, or stab a pen into the TV screen, or rip the tail off one of the animals AND get some groceries, new shoes for Zach, do some laundry, help out with Zach's book project, get Owen to take a nap, get Owen to eat something decent, figure out why Zach's stomach is hurting, berate myself for not making sure Zach had his DS to help out with car sickness, etc etc etc...I'm exhausted.

We did actually get some work done on the book. Zach has such a grown up vocabulary and comprehension, but trying to get him to tap into that when he's writing sentences is worse than pulling teeth. No, "My dog is a lot of fun" is NOT a good sentence for your book, honey *gnashing my own teeth while looking for a wrench*. But we made some decent progress and he worked really hard, didn't give up and take the easy route, and I'm hopeful that it will be finished in a few days. He even took some really nice photos for it.

So my photo today is actually HIS photo, it's the image for the first part of his book. He is making a 'sneaky alphabet' book where the letters don't sound like they normally would, or are silent. He's certain it will get published and make him lots of money.

1 comments:

squirrelgirl said...

Sorry things are so chaotic this week. But I like the book idea - he might be right about getting published. Making lots of money off it? Not so much :-)

Post a Comment